- Half a sheet of nori, roughly torn
- 1 c of hearts of palm (14oz), drained and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan mayo (I like Sir Kensington’s)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 large dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/2 c sweet corn
- 4 slices of whole wheat sour dough bread
- 2 slices of Follow Your Heart vegan cheese slice
- 1 tbsp of Earth Balance Buttery Spread
1. Toss the nori sheet in a food processor and pulse until its the consistency of large grains of sand
2. Add the hearts of palm and pulse 2-3 times, maintaining consistency (be careful not to over blend - your goal is to have a tuna fish-like consistency)
3. Add vegan mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix with two small pulses
4. Remove food processor blade. Using a spoon or spatula, fold in finely chopped scallion, finely chopped pickle and sweet corn.
5. Spread one side of all slices of bread with Earth Balance.
6. Lay them out spread side down, and heap approximately 3 tbsp of filling onto each slice. Add a slice of vegan cheese. Cover with other slice of bread.
7. Heat 1 tbsp of Earth Balance (or oil) in skillet, place sandwich in oil. Cook on each side until lightly browned (about 3 minutes on each side). It helps to press down with a spatula.
8. Remove from heat, slice diagonally, and enjoy!
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page