- 200 mL Tomato Juice
- 2g Sodium Alginate
- 1L Water
- 3 Tb Calcium Chloride
1. Using a hand-blender, mix the tomato juice with the sodium alginate until thoroughly dispersed.
2. Allow the tomato mixture to settle for 30 minutes, until most of the bubbles have collected at the top.
3. In a separate bowl, prepare the calcium chloride bath by mixing the calcium chloride with water.
4. Fill your syringe or sphericator tool with the tomato mixture.
5. Gently drip tomato mixture into the calcium bath, it will seize up instantly into pearls.
6. Allow the pearls to settle for a few minutes before straining out and storing in a bowl of olive oil.
7. Serve over fresh mozzarella.
Check out more fun recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page