Theodore Leaf takes a Traditional Southern appetizer and customizes it into a French delight.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 300ml vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Hint of lemon (optional)
DEVILED EGGS INGREDIENTS:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of gourmet mayonnaise (Sir Kensington)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard (maille)
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- 1 bunch micro-greens
Place all ingredients in a glass measuring cup and blend using an immersion/ stick blender.
DEVILED EGGS INSTRUCTION:
HARD BOILED EGGS:
- Place the eggs in a small pan and cover with cold water.
- Simmer your eggs for 10 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and make peeling easier.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, use a glass of warm water to clean the knife in between cutting each egg to avoid making a mess
- Next, cut a small notch in the bottom of the egg to make it sit flat.
- Spread the micro green on a platter and arrange the eggs on top
- Mix your mayonnaise with the Dijon mustard, taste and add more Dijon if needed
- Spoon the mayonnaise on top of the prepared eggs
- Finally, top with whole grain mustard and chives