Ingredients for Baby Back Ribs
- 2 racks of baby back ribs, about three to three and a half pounds total
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced red fresno chilis
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons torn basil
- Peanuts to garnish
Ingredients for Smashed Cucumber Salad
- 1-pound Persian cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Chili flakes
- Cilantro to garnish
Directions for Baby Back Ribs
1. Heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the ribs on a large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper
3. Pour 1 cup of water into the baking sheet and cover tightly with foil.
4. Bake for 2 hours, until the meat nearly falls off the bone.
5. Prepare your grill to medium high. When the rib racks come out of the oven, let them cool for 20 minutes and then cut them into individual ribs.
In a large bowl combine all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Divide in half (place half on the side for drizzling) and toss the other half with the ribs to coat. Transfer the coated ribs on the grill and char for 5-7 minutes total. Sprinkle with extra basil and serve.
Directions for Smashed Cucumber Salad
1. Gently smack cucumbers with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pot until they begin to break apart.
2. Tear into bite-size pieces. Transfer to a colander; toss with 1 teaspoon of salt.
3. Let sit 10 minutes to drain excess liquid. In a medium bowl whisk the scallions, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and chili flakes.
4. Add the smashed cucumbers. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and top with cilantro.