Ingredients for Teriyaki Skewers
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp. pepper fresh cracked
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
Ingredients for Skewer
- 12 skewers soaked overnight
- 3 whole chicken breasts cut into 1 ½ “ cubes
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
Directions For Grill:
1. Preheat a grill to high heat or 400 degrees F.
Directions For The Skewers:
1. Alternating ingredients, slide the chicken and pineapple onto each skewer, leaving about 4” of open skewer at the end for holding.
2. To prevent the skewer from burning, wrap the open end in foil for grilling.
3. Season each skewer with salt and pepper
Directions For The Sauce:
1. Combining all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring the mixture to a simmer and cook about 3 to five minutes until the sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
2. Brush the sauce liberally on each prepared skewer before grilling and again halfway through.
3. Ensure that the chicken reaches 165 degrees and is fully cooked before serving.
4. Remove the foil from each skewer and enjoy.
Notes: Kids love this sweet teriyaki dinner and can definitely get involved in putting these together. A quick grill dinner with minimal prep- most local grocers will even have prepared skewers with veggies and all. For those short on time: you can grab a bottle of prepared teriyaki sauce and cut out a portion of time for these, although those can be less healthy.