Enjoy this “Taste of Home” recipe submitted by Angela Benedict, of Charlston, West Virginia
Ingredients for the Pate a Choux Pastry:
- 1 Cup water
- ½ Cup butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tablespoons peach Schnapps liqueur, optional
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 4 medium Peaches, peeled and cubed
- ½ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup water
- ½ Cup schnapps liqueur or peach nectar
- ½ ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground Nutmeg
Ingredients for the Whipped-cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a rolling boil. Add flour; beat until blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Transfer to a bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Cut a ½ in. hole in corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer dough to bag; pine 2-in. mounds 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Pierce side of each puff with tip of a knife; cool.
- In a saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 25 or until slightly thickened. Cool completely.
- Beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and, if desired, peach schnapps; beat until soft peaks form.
- To serve, cut top off puffs. Spoon whipped cream onto bottoms; top with filling and additional cream. Replace tops.
Peach Cream Puffs - Home & Family
For more great “Taste of Home” recipes, go to: www.tasteofhome.com Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.