- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lb. sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Naan flatbreads or whole pita bread
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, heat butter over medium –high heat. Add mushrooms and green peppers. Cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Brush both sides of flatbread (Naan) with olive oil. Grill flatbread covered over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Spread grilled sides with pesto. Top with vegetable mixture, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Return to grill. Cook covered 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Grilled Flatbread Veggie Pizza - Home & Family
"Taste of Home" is the #1 food and entertaining magazine in the world, with 3.2 million readers. Each year, "Taste of Home" receives more than 11,000 ideas and recipe submissions from real home cooks across the country. Just under 2,000 recipes are tested and then featured in "Taste of Home" magazines, cookbooks, and on tasteofhome.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.