“Taste of Home” contributor Coleen Katz, Havertown, PA , shares an appetizer fit for summer tomatoes!
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 plum tomatoes , seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 carton (8oz) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 24 slices French Bread (1/4 in. thick)
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
Start to Finish: 35 min (25 prep; 10 bake) Makes 2 Dozen
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder until blended; stir in tomatoes, onions and 2 Tbsp. basil
- Spread cream cheese over French bread slices; place slices on greased baking sheets. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional minced fresh basil.
Melted Bruchetta - Home & Family
"Taste of Home" is the #1 food and entertaining magazine in the world, with 3.2 million readers. Each year, "Taste of Home" receives more than 11,000 ideas and recipe submissions from real home cooks across the country. Just under 2,000 recipes are tested and then featured in "Taste of Home" magazines, cookbooks, and on tasteofhome.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.