1. Mix cooking wine, soy sauce/tamari, and sugar well in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat sesame oil over medium-low heat till shimmering, sauté the ginger slices for 2-3 minutes or until browned and crisp.
3. Add the garlic cloves, cook a minute or until fragrant.
4. Stir in the green onion and dried chili peppers, sauté until fragrant.
5. Turn to medium heat and add the chicken to the pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
6. Grab the seasoning mixture made in step one, give it a good stir and pour into the pan.
7. Turn to high heat and stir the ingredients well to make sure the seasonings are evenly distributed.
8. When the sauce starts to boil, turn to medium-low heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, stir occasionally while cooking.
9. Sprinkle the fresh basil leaves around the pan, simmer for another minute or two until soft.
10. Transfer to a large plate and drizzle a few drops of toasted sesame oil on top and enjoy while hot! Serve with brown rice.