Serves 4 to 6 | Total Time: 35 minutes (Prep: 10. Cook: 25.)
1. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, red pepper, and poblano pepper and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it apart with the back of a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Add the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika, and cayenne and stir to combine.
3. Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, and black beans. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid has slightly reduced.
4. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the skillet, cover, then turn the heat off and leave for a few minutes for the cheese to melt from the residual heat.
5. Serve right from the skillet with a garnish of avocado, scallions, and cilantro with tortilla chips alongside.