Ingredients for Braised Short Ribs
- 6 Bone-In Short Ribs (about 4lbs)
- ⅓ Cups Montreal seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 4 cups Sweet tea
- 2 cups Veal demi-glace
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 lbs. carrots, chopped
- 1 White onion, diced
- 1 Bouquet garni
- 4 springs Thyme
- 4 sprigs flat parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Tied with kitchen string
Ingredients for Brussels Almondine
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 tsp Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Green Pepper
- 1 tsp Yellow Pepper
- 6 cups Brussels Shaved
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 2 tsp chive chopped
- 2 tsp fresh basil torn
- 4 tbsp. Almonds Toasted sliced
Braised Short Ribs:
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Season short ribs with Montreal steak seasoning and sugar.
3. Sear short ribs in a deep heavy-bottomed pot with a lid or a Dutch oven. Pour off some of the fat that was rendered from the short ribs.
4. Add the sweet tea, veal demi glace, celery, carrots, onions and Bouquet Garni to the pot. Cover and braise for 3-4 hours until fork tender.
5. Remove the short ribs to a plate.
6. Skim the fat off the top of the braising liquid. Strain the solids from the braising liquid and simmer until the sauce has reduced and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
7. Serve the finished sauce over the short ribs.
1. Sauté ½ tbsp. butter, shallot and garlic in a sauté pan until fragrant.
2. Add in tri pepper and corn to sauté 30 sec.
3. Add Brussels sprouts to sauté and cook till tender but still vibrant in color.
4. Put the rest of the butter into the Brussels.
5. Add salt, thyme, chive and basil cook 30 sec, taste, adjust if needed. Plate in side bowl.
6. Finish with toasted almonds atop.