Sweet and savory snacks using Boar’s Head Sweet Sliced Uncured Ham.
Ham & Gruyere Crepes and Ham and Cheddar Crescent Rolls
Around the House - Sweet Slice Ham Snacks - Home & Family
HAM & GRUYERE CREPES:
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup All-purpose flour add 1tbsp for every ½ cup
- ½ tsp Canola oil
- ½ tsp Salt plus more, to taste
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 lb Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Uncured Ham thinly sliced
- 8 oz Blanc Grue Gruyere Cheese thinly sliced
- Black pepper to taste
HAM AND CHEDDAR CRESCENT ROLLS:
- 1 pkg. Crescent rolls, refrigerated
- 8 slices Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Uncured Ham
- 8 tbsp Vermont Yellow Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ½ whole Fuji or Gala, apple sliced thin
- 4 tsp Brown Sugar & Spice Ham Glaze
HAM & GRUYERE CREPES:
- For the crepes, add milk, egg, flour, oil and 1/2 tsp. salt to a blender. Blend for about one minute, or until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a crepe pan over medium heat, coating the pan evenly.
- Lift the pan at a slight angle and add 2 Tsp. of the batter into the center, tilting to spread patter to the edges of the pan.
- Return the pan to the stove and cook until the crepe is golden brown underneath, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the crepe using a spatula and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 crepes.
- Lay a crepe flat on a clean surface and top with 2 oz. of ham and 1 oz. of cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the crepe into quarters.
- Repeat with the remaining crepes.
- Lightly brush the crepe pan with butter. Cook the crepes over medium heat for 1 to minutes per side, or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve immediately.
HAM AND CHEDDAR CRESCENT ROLLS
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Roll dough out onto a clean, flat work surface and separate into eight triangles.
- At the wide end of the triangle, neatly layer one slice of ham, one tablespoon of cheese and two apple slices. Top with a 1/2 teaspoon of glaze.
- Starting at the wide end of the triangle, roll up each crescent roll tucking the sides under.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
You May Also Like:
Sweet Slice Glazed Ham and Carve & Serve Turkey >>