- 1-1/12 pound sweet potato peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- ½ of small white onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt (for pasta water)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt (to season sweet potato)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Small block of fresh Romano & Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 24 Won Ton skins
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of water
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 F
2) Place the sliced sweet potato and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle on the olive oil and mix well with your hands.
3) Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and add pepper, place the thyme over the vegetables.
4) Bake for 35 minutes or until the potato is soft.
5) In a food processor add the potato onion mixture, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 tablespoon of Parmigiano Reggiano & cream. Blend until smooth. Cool completely.
1) Place 12 wonton skins on a wooden board.
2) Place heaping 2 teaspoons of the filling on each Won Ton in the middle.
3) After all of the filling is in place you can start placing a Won Ton skin over each one. You must first take an individual skin place it in the palm of one hand and use water to completely wet the one side using the other hand.
4) Gently place it over the filling and press the sides to seal.
5) Use a ravioli cutter to trim the edges. Pick up the ravioli and gently press the edges together on all four sides.
6) Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil with 1 tablespoon kosher salt
7) Add the ravioli to pot of boiling salted water about 2 to 3 minutes
WHILE THE RAVIOLIS ARE BOILING
1) In a medium sauté pan, melt 8 tablespoons of butter.
2) Add the sage to the butter and continue to cook until the butter just starts to brown. Remove from the heat immediately, be careful not to burn the butter.
3) Add the lemon juice.
4) Remove the ravioli from the water using a slotted spoon and drain well.
5) Place 3 ravioli in the center of each serving plate.
6) Drizzle about 1 tablespoon the butter sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle both the Parmesan and Romano cheese over each plate and garnish with parsley and sage.
7) Serve immediately
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page