Cristina cooks up a sweet dessert.
- 2 Eggs separated
- ¼ cup Butter, softened
- ½ cup + ½ tsp Sugar, divided
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup 2% Milk
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint Fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ tsp Sugar
Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room
temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line bottom of two greased 8-in round baking pans with
- Grease paper
- In a large bowl, cream butter and ½ cup sugar until
light & fluffy
- Add egg yolks, beating well
- Beat in vanilla
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating
well after each addition
- Transfer to prepared pans
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed
- Add remaining sugar, beating on high until sugar is
- Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Spread over batter in pans.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
center comes out clean
- Cool completely in pans on wire rack (cake layers will
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Loosen edges of cakes from pans with a knife.
- Carefully remove one cake to a serving plate, meringue
- Arrange sliced strawberries over top; sprinkle with
- Gently spread with half of whipped cream
- Top with remaining cake layer, meringue side up
- Spread with remaining whipped cream
- Top with whole strawberries
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Check out recipes, cooking tips and more at TasteofHome.com