Directions for Squash Filling (For squash flowers)
1. In a medium sauté pan heat butter and bloom shallots and garlic. Cool to room temperature
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and place into piping bag.
3. Fill squash flowers and reserve
Directions for Batter (For squash flowers)
1. Mix all of the ingredients together
2. Preheat oil in fryer to 375°F.
3. Dip squash in batter. Fry 2 minutes stirring.
Directions for Green Beans
1. Boil the beans in salted water until tender. Strain. Reserve bean cooking water.
2. In a food processor blend strained beans with all ingredients above. Drizzle in some bean water if needed.
Directions for Pork Carnitas
1. Season the pork shank with oregano, salt and pepper. Rest overnight in the fridge.
2. Cover the pork shank in duck fat and pork fat along with the Mexican coke and dried chiles.
3. Braise for 3 hours on the stove or in a 300°F oven.
4. Pick the meat from the bone and fry to crisp.
5. Use as a garnish to the beans.