Directions for Braised Lamb Shoulder
1. Season lamb with salt and pepper
2. Sear lamb pieces in sauté pan on medium heat until browned
3. Place seared lamb into shallow braising pan, add all ingredients and then add braising ingredients to cover about 2/3 of the lamb.
4. Braise at 300 degrees F for about 1.5 hours
Directions for Roasted Rack of Lamb
1. Season and roast the rack until desired temperature at 350 degrees in the oven and cook until pink.
2. Allow to rest.
Directions for Ras El Hanout Sauce
1. Sweat the shallots and olives in some olive oil, deglaze with sherry vinegar, and reduce.
2. Add the honey, ras el hanout and harissa and the herbs.
3. Add the braising liquor and simmer until reaches sauce consistency
4. Remove herb stalks.
Directions for Mint Chimichurri
1. Pulse together in a food processor
Directions for Eggplant Puree
1. Puncture skin with a fork on all sides, place eggplants directly on the grill preferably wood fired.
2. Char eggplant skin until it is crackling and smoky, almost burnt like. Cook the eggplants all the way through, they will balloon up and then deflate
3. Once eggplant has cooled down, roughly chop eggplant skin and all and place in a food processor. Add ½ cup roasted garlic puree, pinch of cumin, sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Directions for Smoked Black Cabbage
1. In a large cast iron pan sweat the neuske’s bacon in olive oil over medium heat. Add chili flakes, shallots and chopped garlic.
2. Add all the cabbage and mix well. De glaze with lamb stock and lemon juice and allow time to reduce.
Directions for Plating
1. Base of the plate spread a healthy portion of charred eggplant puree
2. Top with braised cabbage.
3. The braised lamb shank will be placed on top of this with the roasted lamb chop just off to the side.
4. Around the plate drizzle the ras el hanout sauce and fold in a little chimichurri.
5. Garnish the spring lamb with micro pea tendrils or pea shoots.