Host and author Simon Majumdar is making a tasty Spanish dish.
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas (Rinsed)
- 1 Large Bag of Spinach (pre-cooked and finely chopped)
- 1 12oz Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Bunch parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Oz of Manchego Cheese (Grated)
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Dry Sherry (Optional)
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
Spinach with Chickpeas - Home & Family
1. Add the olive oil to a deep sided frying pan.
2. Add the onions and cook for three minutes
3. Add the Garlic and cook for three minutes
4. Add the red pepper flakes and cook for a minute.
5. Add the cumin and cook for a minute
6. Add the chickpeas. Combine well
7. Add the tomatoes and combine well.
8. Add the chopped spinach and combine well.
9. Add the sherry (if using).
10. Add the salt and pepper and combine well.
11. Cover and simmer for about ten minutes.
13. Sprinkle over with parsley, lemon zest and juice, and LOTS of grated Manchego cheese.
14. Serve on its own as a tapas dish or with a protein like roasted chicken thighs or grilled fish.