- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes or 2 red chiles, finely chopped
- 2 lb. clams in shells
- 1 cup Italian white wine
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
Courtesy of “Twintastico: Italian Cooking at Home with the Alberti Twins”
1. Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil into a large pan. Add the garlic and chilies, then cook gently until golden.
2. Add the clams and the white wine and bring to a boil.
3. Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until the clams are open.
4. Give the pan a shake, and discard and clams that do not open.
5. Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted water until al dente.
6. Drain the pasta, then tip into the pan with the clams.
7. Add the parsley, season with salt and pepper, and toss together.