Ingredients for Potatoes
- 12 to 15 baby red or yellow potatoes (about 1-1/2 oz. each; 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 2-3/4 tsp. kosher salt
Ingredients for Tapenade
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, chopped
1) Fold a dishtowel into quarters, and using it as a cover, gently press down on one potato with the palm of your hand to flatten it to a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Repeat with all the potatoes. Don’t worry if some break apart a bit; you can still use them.
2) Heat a cast iron pan until it’s hot, and then add some neutral oil. When the oil is shimmering, it’s time to fry the potatoes.
3) Add the potatoes into the pan and fry for a few minutes on each side, until they’re golden brown and crispy.
4) Remove potatoes from pan and sprinkle with kosher salt.
5) While the potatoes are frying, make the tapenade.
6) Combine both olives, oregano, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page