A healthy and delicious recipe from author Audrey Johns.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (6-ounce) can organic tomato paste
- 1 (16-ounce) can organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 whole wheat buns
Skinny Sloppy Joes - Home & Family
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and salt and sauté until the onion is transparent, about 10 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the carrot, tomato paste, tomato sauce, mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, chili powder, paprika, and black pepper to taste and stir. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
3. Serve on whole wheat buns.
For more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page