Serves 4 to 6
1. In a saucepan, sauté the onion in olive oil over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for an- other two minutes.
3. Add the zucchini and stir.
4. Break the bouillon cube into the saucepan, then add the basil, 3/4 cup water, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover and cook over medium heat, until the zucchini is soft, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to sit.
6. Boil the pasta in well-salted water. Drain. Return to pot.
7. Add the zucchini and tomato sauce and stir well, streaming in a bit of additional olive oil to bring together the sauce and the pasta. Plate and sprinkle with cheese as a garnish or abundantly, if you desire.