Ingredients for Sriracha Aioli
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons of Sriracha, depending on heat preference
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- 4 shallots, finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, chopped
- ¾ cup of panko or white bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 4-finger pinch of kosher salt
- 4-finger pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Roasted Broccoli Caesar with Jalapenos and Panko
- 1 pound of broccoli crowns, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 jalapenos, deseeded and quartered lengthwise
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of panko breadcrumbs
Ingredients for Dressing
- 2-ounce tin (or 10 fillets) of anchovies
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- Ground black pepper
- Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Directions for Shrimp and Aioli
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sriracha, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium heat, when the oil begins to streak, add the shallots and cook for 10-12 minutes, until caramelized. Add the minced garlic and cook for 45 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the rest of the all ingredients and thoroughly combine. Form into 1-inch patties.
4. In a medium-sized skillet, heat up some more olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to streak, add the patties (in batches as to not crowd the pan) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve with the sriracha aioli and enjoy!
Directions for Salad
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Toss the broccoli and jalapenos with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 4-finger pinches of salt and ground black pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the broccoli turns dark brown around the edges
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 finger pinches of salt and ground black pepper. Cook the panko mixture in a small pan over medium heat until golden brown, tossing often.
4. In a food processor, blend the anchovies, lemon juice, egg, olive oil, red wine vinegar, whole grain mustard, garlic powder, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and 5-finger pinches of salt and ground black pepper until smooth.
5. Toss the roasted broccoli & jalapenos with half of the Caesar dressing, adding more if desired. Sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs and garnish with red bell pepper slices. Enjoy!