Ingredients for Ricotta Gnocchi
- 2 large potatoes baked
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups ricotta
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- About 750 ml (3 cups) flour
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) parmigiano reggiano
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chive, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for Carrot Butter
- 1/2 pound semi-salted butter
- 1 liter carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 oz. sliced ginger
- 2 pods star anise
- 1/2 bunch Thai basil
- Ground Pepper
Directions for Gnocchi
1. Preheat oven at 180 ˚C (350 ˚F). Cook potatoes the oven for about an hour, flesh side down in a pan. Allow to cool, then remove the flesh and reserve in a bowl.
2. Mix the potato with the eggs and flour and ricotta. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until a soft dough forms. Roll the dough into a long 2 cm strips. Cut into 2 cm long cylinders.
3. Drop into a pot of salted boiling water. Cook for about 2 minutes or until they float.
4. Reserve into a bowl of icy cold water to stop the cooking. Keep aside.
Directions for Carrot Butter
1. In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, add the carrot juice, star anise, ginger. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
2. Once it’s reduced, add cornstarch, and add in room temperature butter and blend to create an emulsion.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Directions for Scallops
1. Take 4 U-10 diver scallops, season with sea salt and white pepper.
2. Sear scallops in a cast iron, and finish in a 325-degree oven.
3. This dish can be garnished with fresh English peas, asparagus, roasted carrots, etc.