- 1 1⁄4 cup of flour
- 1⁄4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese (any type of shredded cheese will work) 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick of butter, diced
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten flakey sea salt
Makes 6 Biscuits
MAKE THE DOUGH
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees f. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cheeses, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using the pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles crumbly meal (with pea-sized chunks of butter). Using a large spoon, mix the sour cream into the mixture until soft dough forms.
2. Refrigerate the dough
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and gently shape into a disk. Refrigerate the dough for at least 6 hours or overnight.
4. Cut and bake
5. Roll the dough out into a floured surface and flatten into a 1-inch thick disk. Cut the disk into 6 even pieces and transfer the biscuits to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush each one with a little beaten egg and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on top. Serve with honey, butter, and jam, if desired!