1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Then add the pasta and cook three minutes less than the directions given on the package. (We will finish cooking the pasta in the sauce.)
2. In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil and cook over medium heat.
3. Add the red pepper flakes, cook two minutes while stirring.
4. Add the zucchini and stir well while they fry in the hot olive oil. Continue cooking until they start to brown, about three minutes.
5. Add salt, pepper, mint, parsley and basil. Stir well to incorporate the ingredients with the zucchini mixture.
6. Add the garlic, stir well and cook one more minute.
7. Add the chicken stock or pasta water and keep stirring while the sauce reduces, about 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Add the drained pasta to the sauce and cook, stirring well for two to three more minutes.
9. Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese and butter, then stir well until all the cheese has melted and the butter is incorporated into the sauce.
10. Plate the pasta in individual dishes or pour the pasta into a large serving bowl and serve it family style.