- 1¼ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk, soy milk, or dairy milk
- 1 peeled and frozen ripe banana, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup peeled, seeded, and finely chopped cucumber
- 3 tablespoons cooked white beans (homemade, or canned, rinsed)
- ¾ cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup ice cubes
Old-fashioned rolled oats and white beans add body and fiber to this blushing pink smoothie. It’s also delicious made with strawberries or blueberries.
1. Add the almond milk to a blender and then add the remaining ingredients in this order: the banana, oats, cucumber, beans, raspberries, vanilla, and ice cubes.
2. Blend on high speed until smooth, 30 to 45 seconds. Divide between glasses and serve.
PER SERVING: Calories 172 / Protein 5g / Dietary Fiber 7g / Sugars 14g / Total Fat 3g
Reprinted from Supermarket Healthy: Recipes and Know-How for Eating Well Without Spending a Lot. Copyright © 2014 by Melissa d’Arabian. Photographs © 2014 by Tina Rupp. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Random House LLC.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.