Get healthy recipes using this protein packed grain!
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup Quinoa
- Chai-ish Coconut Milk (recipe below)
- Blueberries, raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut for garnish
- 1⁄2 - 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1⁄4 Cup Grilled Corn off the cob
- 1⁄4 Cup sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon chopped red onion
- Several sprigs of fresh basil
- Honey Lime Cumin Vinaigrette
- 1 oz honey
- juice of one lime
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- pinch of Cumin
- pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup rinsed and drained Quinoa
- 2 Cups Vegetable stock
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup warm Quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup Toasted Chopped Pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Dried, chopped Cherries
- Several sprigs of Baby or Rocket Arugula
- 1⁄4 cup Feta crumbled
- Balsamic Glaze
- 1 oz of Balsamic Glaze (reduced Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1 oz of Honey (optional, but delicious)
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (or Almond or combo)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Cinnamon (or a stick)
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Directions for Basic Quinoa:
In a large (heated on Med. ) skillet, drizzle the Olive oil and add the Quinoa.
Stir to lightly dry and toast the Quinoa, then pour in the stock , season and
bring to a boil.
Cover, lower heat and cook for about 15-20 mins.
Fluff with a
fork, cool and chill in refrigerator to hold for up to 4 days.
Directions for Breakfast Quinoa:
Scoop Quinoa into each bowl
Pour over warm Chai-ish Coconut Milk
Stir in berries, sprinkle with brown sugar and garnish with coconut.
Directions for Lunch Quinoa:
Scoop Quinoa into a bowl and toss with corn, tomatoes, and red onion.
Drizzle Vinaigrette over the Quinoa, then serve on a luncheon plate, garnish with basil.
Directions for Dinner Quinoa:
Scoop warm Quinoa into a bowl and toss with pecans, cherries and Arugula.
with Balsamic Glaze, toss and garnish with feta.
Serve on plate with main entree (ie,
chicken, pork, etc.)
Directions for Honey Lime Cumin Viniagrette:
Shake or Whisk until thick.
Directions for Chai-ish Milk Soak:
Heat milk in saucepan, just til hot. Add Cinnamon and pepper, cover the pan,
remove from heat and allow to infuse for 8-10 minutes.
Strain if desired, but not
Pour over Quinoa, add berries and top with shredded Coconut.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.