A Sophie Uliano DIY.
DIY Pumpkin Massage Oil Candle
Health & Beauty
- Using the double boiler method, weigh out and melt the following ingredients: Soy Wax, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil 76, Shea Butter, Mango Butter and Pumpkin Seed Oil. Place this on a low heat setting and stir occasionally.
- Once all of the ingredients have melted on your stovetop, remove from heat and gently stir. Be careful not to overheat them. You do not want to breakdown the natural butters.
- Next, pour the Pumpkin Apple Butter Fragrance Oil into the pouring pot. Once again, give a gentle stir to incorporate the fragrance oil throughout the ingredients.
- Lay all 4 of your tin cans on a flat surface where they will not be in the way. Once the mixture is poured into these tins, they cannot be moved until they are set up. Please Note: It does take some time for this recipe to set up, so please place them somewhere they can set up undisturbed.
- Pour the mixture into your tins.
- Now, place the tabs on the wooden wicks and gently place one into the center of each tin.
- Allow the candles to completely set up. Then, trim your wicks to about 1/8 inch and lid the tins.
- Once your candles are completely set up, they are now ready to burn and use. To use massage candle: Light the candle. Keep wooden wicks trimmed at around 1/8”, and avoid drafts so that flame stays lit. Allow the candle to create a nice melt pool. Extinguish the flame, and allow the candle to cool slightly before applying to the skin. Warning: Hot wax can burn skin. If selling this product, be sure to place warning label & product ingredients in descending order on the candle label. Note: You can use traditional wicks for these candles if you prefer
(CD-10 would be our wick of choice for this recipe/container).
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page