- Horseradish roots, washed and peeled
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise (optional)
- Food processor
- Hand grater
- Kitchen gloves
- Dust mask (optional)
- Plastic spoon
- Mason jar
1. Grate horseradish root on hand grater, medium setting or dice, then pulse in food processor or blender until the texture is shredded. If desired, wear kitchen gloves and use a dust mask to protect against strong odor and fumes.
2. Wait three minutes, then slowly add ½ cup of white vinegar. Mix with plastic spoon, not metal. The longer you wait to add the vinegar, the hotter the horseradish will be.
3. Mix and serve with your favorite beef and potato dishes. Can be stored in mason jar in fridge for two months or in freezer for 6 months.
Learn more ways to use horseradish below: