1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2) Set 2 large sauté pans over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to each pan. Add the white parts of the leeks to one pan, and the green parts to the other pan, cooking the white parts for 6 minutes, or until translucent, and the green parts for 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring both frequently. After 6 minutes, add the parsley to the pan with the white parts of the leeks, and cook 1 more minute. Transfer both the white and greens parts of the leeks to a large mixing bowl, and add the mint.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together with the mizithra (or ricotta) cheese. Add the egg and cheese mixture to the leeks, along with the salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Gently fold in the feta crumbles so that they keep a relatively chunky texture. Set aside.
Roll the phyllo dough out on a flat surface, working quickly to prevent it from drying out. Place two phyllo sheets into the pan at a time, centering them in the pan and letting the edges hang over the sides. Brush the top sheet of each two-sheet layer with a little of the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil, but do not brush the overhanging edges. Continue in this manner until you have used 10 of the phyllo dough sheets. Spread the leek mixture evenly over the phyllo dough layers in the prepared dish. Fold in the overhanging phyllo dough over the filling, then continue to layer the phyllo dough, brushing each two-sheet layer with olive oil, until you have used all of the dough. Trim the top layers of phyllo to fit the pan. Slowly and evenly pour the remaining olive oil on top, and spread evenly.
4) Before baking, using a large knife, very carefully score the prasopita into 8 to 10 pieces, cutting through the top layers just until you reach the filling. Pre-cutting makes it much easier to serve, as the phyllo dough becomes crisp and very fragile after baking.
5) Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and flaky, watching carefully. Cool for 10 minutes, slice the pre-cut pieces all the way through, and serve.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page