- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 12 heaping cups of popcorn (aka 3 quarts)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sea salt
1. In a large heavy pot, melt the butter over medium to low heat.
2. Stir in the brown sugar and marshmallows.
3. Stir until the mixture is almost completely melted.
4. Remove the pot from the heat.
5. Stir in the vanilla.
6. Stir in the popcorn and mix until well coated.
7. Allow the mixture to cool enough so that it can be handled.
8. Scoop out the desired size of the popcorn ball and use your hands to shape the mixture into a ball.
9. Place the popcorn balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper to cool.
10. Before they cool, sprinkle the tops of the popcorn balls with a small sprinkle of sea salt.