- 1 pound dried linguine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dice guanciale (or pancetta)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, slice thin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Grana Padano cheese
- Salt and Pepper
1. Bring a pot of salted boiling water to a boil and drop in pasta. Cook the pasta about 7-9 minutes, while bringing a small pot of water with 1 tablespoon of vinegar inside to a simmer for the eggs.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large pot on medium heat and add the guanciale. Render it until just crispy, about 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Swirl the vinegar water with a spoon or whisk. AS you’re doing this, crack each egg and
carefully drop it into the swirling water so that the whites wrap around the yolks. Cook for 4
minutes. Carefully remove and place on a plate that has been wrapped tightly with plastic
5. Add cream to the pasta sauce and reduce by half. Once reduced, add pasta to sauce. Toss
the pasta, then incorporate the cheese. The pasta should be very creamy, but not too thick.
Place in bowls and serve with an egg on top of each.
From Fabio’s 30-Minute Italian by Fabio Viviani; published by St. Martin’s Press. Copyright ©2017 by Fabio Viviani. All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page