- 6 full graham crackers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pistachio Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Your favorite mild chocolate, melted
- 1 bag of dried apricots
- 1 bottle favorite Brandy
Directions for Dried Apricot Brandy Sauce:
- Combine dried apricots in just enough Brandy to cover the apricots. Let soak for 24 hours.
- In a saucepan simmer until soft ensuring the brandy covers the fruit. Reduce and flame away alcohol.
- Pour reduction over parfait after cooled. Syrup like consistency
Directions: Layer ingredients in a parfait glass
- In a food processor or blender, pulse graham crackers and sugar until you create fine crumbs. Remove the crumbs to a medium bowl and drizzle the butter on top of them. Use a fork to combine the butter and graham cracker crumbs. Evenly distribute the crumbs into the bottoms of your serving dishes and gently press them down to create an even crust layer.
- In a medium bowl, prepare from scratch Ice cream or just purchase a high quality brand name product. Remove Ice cream mix from the freezer and gently fold in 1 cup whipped topping until no white streaks remain. Cover and place in the freezer until hard.
- Add crushed graham cracker at the bottom of the glass
- Layer Pistachio Ice Cream on top of graham cracker
- Add a layer of full graham crackers
- Add a layer of whipped cream
- Add another layer of full graham cracker
- Add another layer of pistachio ice cream
- Alternate layers until parfait glass is full
- For topping add additional whipped topping, chopped pistachios, and Dried Apricot Brandy Sauce
- Just before serving, top with additional whipped topping, apricot glaze and chopped pistachios.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.