- 1 large pineapple fruit
- 1 lb. wild caught jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. shucked oysters
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups Spanish rice soaked in water for about 15 mins, cooked and then drained
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 large pinches of Spanish saffron threads soaked in 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6oz greens beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large red onion
· In large pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
· Add the shrimp, scallops, oysters and let boil very briefly, 10 mins or less.
· Turn off heat and remove all seafood from pot and let sit. Do not discard water.
· In a large deep pan or skillet, heat 3 tbls olive oil.
· Turn heat to medium high and add chopped onions.
· Sauté the onions for 2 mins then add the cooked rice and cook for 3 more mins, stirring regularly.
· Now add chopped garlic and the seafood cooking water.
· Stir in the saffron, paprika, crushed red pepper, salt, cayenne pepper.
· Stir in chopped tomatoes and green beans.
· Bring to a boil and let the liquid slightly reduce.
· Cover with lid or tightly with aluminum foil and cook on low heat for 20 mins.
· Uncover and add seafood to rice mixing all together. Add a little water if needed.
· Cover and cook for another 10 mins or until shrimp is pink.
· Cut top half of pineapple to create a bowl shape.
· Add seafood rice inside pineapple and serve.