- 1 lb Pork shoulder (cut in cubes)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 ounce adobo sauce from canned chipotle chile
- In a bowl, mix the pork with the garlic and salt
- In a skillet or large pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the pork.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until brown.
- Transfer the pork to a pot and add enough of the coconut milk to cover.
- Add the fish sauce and chipotle sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 to 1-1⁄2 hours, until the pork is tender.
Watch the Video >>
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more street food stories at BehindTheFoodCarts.com. Click here to buy the book “Food Truck Road Trip” on Amazon and on Barnes and Noble
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.