- 5 Eggs
- 2 cupS Whole Milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups All Purpose Flour
- *Melted Butter to grease pan with
- 12 oz Cream Cheese – softened to room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crème Fraiche
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Fresh Nutmeg – use zester
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 36oz Frozen Spinach – thawed, squeezed dry
- 12 Cooked Crepes
- 3 oz: Spinach Filling – use #12 ice cream Scoop for easy portioning
- 1 1⁄2 cups: Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- *Chopped Chives – for garnish
WILD RICE PILAF WITH ALMONDS:
- 1 Tbl Butter
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1⁄2cup Onions–diced 1⁄4x1⁄4
- 2 cups Wild Rice Blend – Lundberg Wild Blend or similar
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups Veggie Stock or Water
- 1⁄2 cup Toasted Almonds
- 2 Tbl Chives – finely diced
- 2 Tbl Italian Parsley – rough chopped
Yield: 12 - 14 Each
1. Place all ingredients in the blender and mix till smooth.
2. Wipe a non-stick pan with melted butter, when pan is hot add 2oz of batter and roll until the bottom section of the pan is completely coated trying not to get batter up the sides. Flip crepe over once edges begin to brown and continue to cook till done.
CREPE FILLING DIRECTIONS:
Yield: 6 1⁄2 cups (12-14 filled crepes)
1. Squeeze defrosted spinach in a cloth napkin till dry; separate and flake loosely with hands in a bowl.
2. Place remaining ingredients in another bowl and mix till well combined, fold in spinach with cheese mixture until well and reserve for crepe rolling.
CREPE ROLLING DIRECTIONS:
1. Place a scoop of spinach filling in bottom third of crepe, tuck crepe overfilling and fold sides snugly over and continue to roll crepe over until completely sealed. Place rolled crepes in a 9x13 baking pan and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and place in a preheated 375-degree oven for 20 minutes or until hot. Remove foil; turn on broiler and slightly brown top till cheese is golden in spots. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 2 minutes and garnish with chopped chives before serving.
NOTE: Spinach Crepes can be rolled ahead of time and stored under refrigeration however, you may need to increase baking time to completely heat through.
WILD RICE PILAF WITH ALMONDS DIRECTIONS:
1. Saute ́ onions with butter and olive oil for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add wild rice, salt and pepper and continue to toast rice for 3 minutes until frequent (making sure to stir and not burn the rice)
2. Add stock and bring rice mixture to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover with lid and cook for 40 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for 10 minutes.
3. Uncover and fluff rice with a fork, add toasted almonds, chives and parsley.