Chef, and creator of bigger bolder baking, Gemma is making our personal pie dreams come true.
Petite Pumpkin Pies
Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins
- 1 can (15oz/425g) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (8floz/240ml) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (4floz/115ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 sheets of phyllo dough thawed
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 325°f (165°c) and butter a 12-cup cupcake pan.
- Make the pumpkin pie filling: whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, maple syrup, pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- Carefully separate a sheet of phyllo pastry from the stack. Brush melted butter all the way to the edges. Stack another layer on top, butter and repeat with the rest of the phyllo until each layer is buttered.
- Once all the sheets are buttered and stacked cut into 12 squares: starting at a narrow edge, cut the sheets together into thirds, and then, starting at a wider edge, cut into fourths.
- Place a square into each well of your prepared cupcake pan pushing the pastry into the sides.
- Once the cupcake pans are lined, divide the filling evenly amongst the cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until filling is set.
- If the phyllo hasn’t browned, turn on the broiler (grill) and broil for no more than 1-2 minutes (checking often) until the phyllo is golden brown.
Let cool for 15 minutes before carefully lifting the pies out of the tins to cool completely.
These pies are best served the day they are made, but any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Explore more Thanksgiving recipes >>