1. Set a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and once it’s shimmering, add the leeks and garlic. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Stir frequently until softened and aromatic, and just the tiniest bit golden brown.
2. Add the turmeric and stir constantly, about 30 seconds.
3. Now add the spinach, a little at a time. Toss, covering the whole spinach leaves in the turmeric-scented aromatics. Cover, and allow to cook for 30 seconds, then uncover and add the next batch. Toss, cover and repeat until all the spinach has been added and has wilted. Season with a little salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.
4. Now add the citrus zest and juice, along with the saffron tea. Stir well. Allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
5. Make four indentations, and crack an egg into each one. Season each egg with salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium low and cook for 3-7 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. Serve immediately with warm flatbread.