- 10 boxes white cake mix
- Eggs, oil and water according to instructions
- Red, green, yellow, orange and blue food colorings (to match peanut M&Ms candy shells)
- 10 regular tubs of chocolate frosting
- 100 Reese's peanut butter cups
- 4 1lb bags of peanut M&Ms
Batter Mixing Instructions:
- Mix batters two boxes at a time according to box instructions. Add whole squeeze bottle of each color to each of the white batters and mix thoroughly.
- To get the psychedelic batter effect pour each of the five batters on top of each other in each pan in concentric circles. Begin with a different color in each cake pan ultimately filling each pan 3/4 full. Bake according to box instructions. After baking cut off cake dome of all but the top layer. Freeze cake until staking and frosting.
Frosting and Filling Instructions:
- Place bottom layer on cake plate. Add layer of frosting then cover with Reese's peanut butter cups. Frost the bottom of the next layer before placing on top peanut butter cups.
- To properly smash peanut M&Ms make sure they are frozen. Fill single layer M&M in zip lock bag. With a hammer or mallet gently hit each one slightly just hard enough to crack the M&M into large pieces. Strain off powdered or extra small bits. Refreeze.
- Frost cake generously then cover with frozen peanut M&Ms pieces.
Get more delicious recipes from the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Check out more from the Ambassador of Americana Charles Phoenix at CharlesPhoenix.com