Directions for Stir Fry
1. In a medium pot over medium-high heat, cook the ramen noodles according to the directions on the package (do not use the flavoring packets).
2. While the noodles cook, begin on the sauce. In a large pan with a lid over medium-high heat, heat the oil (or water). Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli and carrots. Cover and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
4. Drain the noodles.
5. Add the noodles and peanut sauce to the pan of veggies. Mix until the noodles and veggies are coated.
*Option: garnish with chopped cilantro
Directions for Peanut Sauce
1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, Soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, water, and red chili flakes until smooth and creamy.
(from “Plant-Based on a Budge”t by Toni Okamoto (BenBella Books, 2019)