A classic sandwich with a seafood twist!
Ingredients for Sandwich
- 2 each 5 oz Alaskan Salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pinch allspice
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 heirloom tomato - thick slice
- 6 slices pancetta
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce - separated
- 1 fresh Avocado
Ingredients fro Mustard Sauce
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 Tablespoon chives chopped
- Rub the salmon all over with the pastrami seasoning. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is “curing”, combine the ingredients for the mustard sauce.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and heat until almost shimmering but NOT smoking. Add salmon skin side up and sear for 2-3 minutes. Flip Salmon.
- Add pancetta to the pan with the salmon and cook until salmon is finished and pancetta is crispy, another 3 minutes.
- Remove salmon and pancetta from pan and place on a plate. Toast bread briefly in the pan.
- Build the sandwiches as follows - lay down toasted bread, smother base in sauce, add lettuce, add thick sliced tomato, add salmon, add pancetta, add avocado, add more sauce, top with bread.
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Follow Andrew on Twitter @ChefGruel
Find out more about Andrew's restaurant at SlapFishRestaurant.com