Nutrition and fitness expert JJ Virgin is making a delicious recipe that serves 4.
- 1 lb. organic free range chicken breast or pastured pork loin, cut into bite-size cubes
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos, divided
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced and divided into green and white
- 8 oz. coleslaw mix with shredded cabbage and carrot
- 4 oz. organic mushrooms, thinly sliced both lengthwise and crosswise to create rectangles
- 1 organic zucchini, cut into thin 2”-long rectangles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling (white or black)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Yam noodles (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken or pork cubes, 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos, the grated ginger, garlic, and the white parts of the sliced scallions.
3. Cook while stirring until meat is cooked through and lightly browned, 7-9 minutes.
4. Add remaining tablespoon of coconut oil, remaining 2 tablespoons aminos, and the rest of the ingredients.
5. Cook and stir over medium heat until veggies are tender, 10-15 minutes.
6. Taste for seasoning, then top with a final sprinkle of sesame seeds.
7. OPTIONAL: Serve over yam noodles