Two healthy recipes from Suzanne Somers
Ingredients for Organic Basic Parsley Pesto
- 2 cups organic basil leaves, loosely packed
- ½ cup organic flat-leaf parsley, loosely packed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup toasted organic pine nuts
- ¾ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Tangerine Grantia
- 1⅓ cups water
- ⅔ cup organic sugar
- 2 cups freshly squeezed organic tangerine juice
Directions for Organic Pesto
Makes about 1 cup
Blanching the basil is the key to keeping your pesto from browning! Use this delicious pesto on pasta, chicken, steak, fish, tomatoes, and more – so versatile. I like to make large batches and store in glass jars.
- Set aside a small bowl filled with ice and water.
- Bring small pot of water to boil and add the basil leaves for 30 seconds to soften.
- Remove immediately and plunge leaves into the ice water.
- After 30 to 60 seconds, remove the leaves from the ice bath, squeeze out excess water, and place into blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
Store in glass jars in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you plan on freezing the pesto, don’t add the cheese until you thaw and are ready to use.
Directions For Tangerine Granita
- Serves 8 Place water and sugar in saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine juice with sugar syrup.
- Pour into shallow metal tray and place into freezer.
- Let set for 4 hours, then rake with a fork and spoon into bowls to serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page