Ingredients for Spanish Pantry Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 jarred sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3 jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 clove garlic
Ingredients for Olive Oil Fried Eggs
- 8 1 1/2 -inch-thick slices crusty Italian bread
- 1 3/4 cups olive oil
- 8 eggs
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1) For the sauce: Combine the oil, parsley, almonds, paprika, salt, pepper, tomatoes, red peppers and garlic in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
2) For the eggs: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the bread on a baking sheet. Brush the bread with 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Toast in the oven until toasted and lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
3) Heat the remaining 1 1/2 cups olive oil in a large nonstick saute pan set over medium heat. Crack 4 of the eggs into the pan making sure each egg has enough room for the white to spread out. Fry the eggs and, using a spoon, carefully baste them with the olive oil to cook the tops. Cook until the edges of the whites start to get golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
4) Lay 2 pieces of toast on a plate and top each with a fried egg. Season the eggs with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and finish with a heaping spoonful of the Spanish pantry sauce. Serve immediately.
*Cook's Note: The Spanish Pantry Sauce can be store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page