1) Heat the olive oil in another large stockpot over medium heat.
2) Add the saffron, fennel, garlic, orange zest, thyme, and oregano, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, sea salt, and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat.
4) Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
5) Stir, add in mussels, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until mussels are open completely.
6) Discard any unopened mussels.
7) Taste soup and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Pour into individual cups or bowls.
8) Sprinkle the tops with fresh parsley.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page