Ingredients for Mom's Famous Skirt Steak
- 2 ½ pounds Skirt steak
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup of dry red wine
- 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
Ingredients for Sauteed Asparagus and Onions
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- Olive Oil
FOR MOM’S FAMOUS SKIRT STEAK
1. Mix all ingredients together and pour over steak.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Pat the steak dry of excess marinade. Cook the steak on a lightly oiled grill pan for 7 minutes on each side. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice against the grain.
FOR SAUTEED ASPARAGUS AND ONIONS
1. Saute the onions in olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the asparagus and saute until tender.
3. Season with salt and pepper.