- Cooking spray
- 1 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 11⁄2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini (6 oz.) shredded (11⁄4 Cups)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 Cup quick-cooking oats
- One 8 oz. can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tb yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it softens slightly, 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Stir in the garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, onion-pepper mixture, zucchini, egg, oats, 1⁄4 cup of the tomato sauce, the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt. Mix with your hands until just combined. Using an ice-scream scoop, transfer the mixture into a muffin tin, then top each meatloaf with 1 Tb of the remaining tomato sauce. Bake until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 F, about 25 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin by running a butter knife or offset spatula around each loaf.
*To refrigerate and reheat
-Chill in the refrigerator, uncovered for 30 minutes, then place in an airtight
container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
-To reheat, place loaves, uncovered, on a baking tray or piece of foil and bake in 350 F oven until warmed through, about 15 minutes. Alternatively, place on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a splatter guard, and microwave on full power for up to 60 to 90 seconds for a single 2-loaf portion.
*To freeze and reheat
-Chill in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 30 minutes, then wrap each loaf individually
in plastic wrap or foil and place in an airtight freezer-safe container or sealable
plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
-There is no need to thaw. To reheat, unwrap frozen loaves and place them on a baking tray or on foil, uncovered, in a cold oven set to 350 F. Once the oven reaches temperature, continue cooking for 45 minutes. Alternatively, unwrap frozen loaves, place on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a splatter guard, and microwave on high for 21⁄2 minutes for a single 2-loaf portion.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page