Ali Fedotowsky-Manno is getting into the fall spirit with this delicious recipe for mini pumpkin bundt cakes made with a spice cake mix and pumpkin puree.
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15-ounce can Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil or Water(optional)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cream Cheese Glaze
- ¼ cup Salted Butter
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ⅔ - 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 - 3 tbs Milk
- Orange food coloring (5-7 drops if using liquid)
- Peppermint leaf candies
- White sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350˚, spray bundt pan(s) with cooking oil and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for at least 2 minutes. If batter is stiff, add vegetable oil or water and mix until desired consistency is reached. Spoon in batter evenly between the bundts.
- Bake cakes for 20-25 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool before proceeding with the decoration.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Combine ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and beat until smooth, then set aside.
- Cut bundt cakes in half across their equator, set aside the bottoms to be used for snacking or another dessert.
- Using two “top” halves, pipe frosting on the open face of one to glue it to the other (making a sandwich with two halves and some frosting).
- Drizzle extra glaze around the ridged shoulders of each assembled pumpkin bundt, allowing it to drip down the sides. Scatter white sprinkles over the frosting.
- Press one peppermint leaf candy into the center of each mini pumpkin bundt and serve.