Directions for Pudding
1. Mix together dry ingredients and place them into a 3 quart stock pot. Turn flame to medium low.
2. Blend together milk, cream and yolks, slowly whisk the dairy into the dry and increase the heat to medium. You will whisk this for about 5 - 10 minutes until it thickens....I promise it will happen.
3. When fully thickened, add extract and blend in butter well until all is absorbed into the pudding. Remove from heat, let cool and refrigerate.
Directions for Pumpkin Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all of the above bread ingredients and beat at medium speed with a handheld mixer or stand mixer until well-mixed.
3. Pour the bread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes, text for doneness with toothpick or knife tip. Cool for about 15 minutes, then very gently remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Gently cut into cubes or crumble.
Directions for Cinnamon Apples
1. In a large non-stick skillet, combine all and sauté until the apples have softened, about 7 minutes, set aside and let cool
Directions for Whipped Cream
1. In a chilled bowl, pour the 4 cups of cold heavy cream.
2. With a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form.
3. Gently sprinkle in the corn starch and powdered sugar, whip until peaks are just about firm, then add vanilla and whip to incorporate.
4. Gently fold in the pomegranate seeds and refrigerate until ready to use.
Note: Corn starch will help the cream stay sturdy and not break down
Directions for Trifle Assembly
1. In a trifle bowl, layer pumpkin bread, pudding, apples -- and continue in 2 to 3 more layers.
2. Top with whipped cream and toasted & salted pumpkin seeds.