- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 green onions/scallions, sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In an 8-inch, nonstick, oven-proof sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the scallions green onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile in a medium bowl,
beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. Add cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Add
egg mixture to pan and cook. Add the eggs and cilantro to the pan and season with salt and
pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes lifting the edges with a spatula, to allow any uncooked egg
to flow to the bottom. Pour the Mexican crema over the top and sprinkle with the cheese.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until puffed and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve
warm or at room temperature.